How to Make a Refreshing Arnold Palmer
If there was ever a more refreshing pairing it’s tea and lemonade – the two main ingredients that tee up the Arnold Palmer. Named after the famous golfer, we’ve given ours a couple of twists that make it a hole in one.
Our Arnie uses cold brew Organic Assam rather than English Breakfast tea for a rounder, fuller taste. And, we’ve included a cheat that gets it past your lips faster.
How to make the Blink Tea Arnold Palmer
This recipe has a few steps and it's worth it!Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 cups (500mL) Organic Assam cold brew tea (recipe here)
- 1 ¾ cups (430mL) water
- 1/3 cup (80mL) lemon (juice from 1 large lemon)
- 2 ½ (40mL) tablespoons sugar
- orange slices
- mint sprigs
- Make Assam cold brew tea.
- Make Lemonade.
- Make simple syrup by combining the sugar and 1/3 cup of water. Bring to the boil making sure sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Squeeze 1/3-cup fresh lemon juice.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup and 1 ¼ cup water to make lemonade.
- Twist: Use good quality ready-made sweetened lemonade instead of making from scratch.
- Fill highball glass or large tumbler 1/3 full of ice
- Pour 1/3 lemonade over the ice
- Pour cold-brewed tea over lemonade. To ensure lemonade and tea layering, pour in tea over back of large spoon.
- Garnish with orange slice or mint sprigs.
Option: if you wish to make a "John Daly", named after another famous golfer, add a splash of vodka.