Learn how to make a Turmeric Dalgona
The Dalgona got its start as a coffee-flavoured toffee, sold as a street treat in South Korea. Someone came up with the brilliant idea to turn it into a frothy, creamy beverage using instant coffee. We're making it ultra-healthy by using Organic Turmeric Gold to leverage the high anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper. Think it looks good? It tastes even better!
How to make a Turmeric DalgonaIngredients: (for one drink)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- One egg white
- 1 tsp Organic Turmeric Gold
- 4 ounces (125mL) milk (dairy or plant-based will do)
- Ice – optional
- Heat sugar and water in saucepan over medium heat without stirring until sugar dissolves. This is the same recipe for simple syrup used in many cocktails.
- Beat one egg white using a mixer or whisk until it’s fluffy and glossy. Be patient as this takes a few minutes.
- Drizzle the sugar and water mixture, or simple syrup, slowly into the beaten egg white while continuing to mix or whisk. You’re looking for a glossy consistency.
- Add one teaspoon of Organic Turmeric Gold to mixture and mix or whisk until fully incorporated.
- To assemble drink, pour milk into glass and add ice, if desired. Dollop Turmeric mixture on top of milk.
Turmeric Dalgona is best enjoyed using a nice thick straw, or you can use a spoon to give it a thorough blend.