Organic Chamomile Lemongrass Lime Rickey
The traditional Lime Rickey is a refreshing and tart combo of fresh lime juice, simple syrup and sparking water. We’ve dialed up the flavour by using Organic Chamomile Lemongrass tea to create the simple syrup. Chamomile does a 180-degree turn when cold; it’s more a bracing hike in the Alps than a tea that coddles you to sleep. Citrusy Lemongrass gives this tea an unexpected brightness and lift. Chamomile Lemongrass is the perfect launching pad for the refreshing Lime Rickey, a summertime favourite.
Organic Chamomile Lemongrass Simple Syrup Recipe: (makes 1 cup)Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 Organic Chamomile Lemongrass teabags or five teaspoons of loose-leaf tea
- Heat one cup of water to the temperature suggested for the tea.
- Add tea bags or loose-leaf tea to a small saucepan, add boiled water and steep for five minutes.
- Remove tea bags or strain out leaves and bring tea in saucepan back up to a slow boil.
- Stir sugar into the tea until it has completely dissolved.
- Remove tea simple syrup from heat, let cool and bottle. This simple syrup should last upwards of a month refrigerated.
Organic Chamomile Lemongrass Lime Rickey Recipe: (makes 1 drink)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Organic Chamomile Lemongrass simple syrup
- 8 ounces (250 mL) sparkling water
- Lime wedges for garnish
- pour lime juice and Organic Chamomile Lemongrass simple syrup into a large (16 oz) highball glass or tumbler and stir to combine. Add more lime juice or simple syrup to taste.
- fill glass with ice, top off with sparkling water and gently stir to combine. Tip: use a freshly opened bottle of sparkling water for ultimate fizz.
- garnish with lime wedge if you like
- Tip: Gin or bourbon are the go-to spirits to turn this Lime Rickey into a cocktail. Just cut back a bit on the sparkling water and add the spirit of your choice.