Making an Organic Masala Chai Hot Toddy
This hot toddy is easy to make, robust and highly aromatic. Organic Masala Chai tea with a shot of bourbon or whiskey, honey and lemon juice will warm you up on the coolest of days, relieve cold and flu symptoms or prepare you for a night of sweet dreams. The garnishes further set this toddy apart from all the others. There’s no rule that says you can’t use orange if the drink has lemon juice. And the cinnamon stick? It adds extra taste and an amazing scent. It’s the details in this simple drink that make it special! Organic Masala Chai Tea
Ingredients: For One Drink
- 1 tsp loose-leaf or 1 teabag Organic Masala Chai tea
- 1 cup (8 ounces) boiled water
- 1 ½ ounces Bourbon or Whiskey
- 2 tsp honey or honey simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Orange wedge and/or cinnamon stick to garnish (optional)
- Steep tea in boiled water.
- Add bourbon or whisky, honey (or honey simple syrup) and lemon juice.
- Garnish with orange wedge and/or cinnamon stick. So Tempting!
To make Honey Simple Syrup, warm equal parts honey and water in a small saucepan until honey dissolves. Let cool and store in a squeeze bottle. Honey simple syrup will last for up to a month in the fridge.
Honey Simple Syrup is the perfect solution for that bottle of rock-hard honey residing at the back of your cupboard. Being of thinner consistency than honey, Honey Simple Syrup is also great to sweeten cold brews and iced tea, even cocktails as it disperses easily in cold liquid.