Making a Jasmine Gin Fizz
The slightest whiff of jasmine tea transports me to a tropical paradise. The Jasmine Gin Fizz is an aperitif that takes its inspiration from a warm and languid breeze, enhanced by lemon, honey and a splash of soda. One sip is like an escape to the South Pacific, minus the airfare!Ingredients: For One Drink
- 2 ounces Jasmine infused gin (recipe follows)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1 large egg white
- 1-ounce chilled sparkling water
- Jasmine flowers or thinly sliced lemon on a cocktail pick for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker combine Jasmine-infused gin, lemon juice, honey simple syrup, egg white and shake well.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake again for a good 10 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled white wine glass and top with sparkling water.
- Add garnish and serve. Jasmine Flower Buds
- Place two heaping teaspoons of Imperial Jasmine tea into a glass jar or measuring cup. Add 8 ounces of gin and allow to infuse for one hour. Strain out tea leaves and discard.
- Jasmine Infused Gin can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Add four ounces of honey and four ounces of water to a small saucepan and slowly heat until honey dissolves.
- Allow syrup to cool before using.
- Honey Simple Syrup can be used to sweeten other hot and cold beverages, in salad dressings or sauces.