In honour of National Tequila Day we’ve come up with the Guava Teaquila. It’s easy to whip up with Cream of Earl Grey tea and a few more ingredients that are accessible pretty much anywhere. It’s a perfect way to celebrate tequila, tasty Cream of Earl Grey tea and a hot summer day!
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups guava juice
- 1 cup Cream of Earl Grey Tea (steeped and cooled)
- ¾ cup silver tequila
- Slices or twists of lemon to garnish
- In small saucepan bring sugar and water to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before adding lemon juice.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon syrup with Cream of Earl Grey tea, guava juice and tequila. We used silver tequila, but any tequila will do.
- Pour into highball or Collins glass filled with ice and garnish with a slice or twist of lemon.