Cream of Earl Grey Gin Martini
Here’s an easy to make cocktail that always gets rave reviews, especially from the many lovers of Cream of Earl Grey tea. Created by a bartender at Bemelman’s Bar at New York’s Carlyle Hotel, it’s slightly non-trad and refreshing with just the right proportions of Cream of Earl Grey tea and gin to delight the palate.
Ingredients (per drink):
- 1 ½ ounces Cream of Earl Grey Infused Gin (see below)
- 1-ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-ounce simple syrup (see below)
- 1 egg white
- 2 – 3 drops peach bitters (optional)
- Handful of ice
- Lemon peel to garnish
How to make a Cream of Earl Grey Martini:
- Combine all ingredients except ice into a cocktail shaker and give it a good 10-second “dry” shake.
- Add ice to shaker and give it another 10-second shake.
- Pour into chilled glasses and add a lemon twist.
- Option: rim chilled glasses with sugar.
Cream of Earl Grey Gin Infusion (for 4 drinks):
- Pour 1 cup gin into jar or glass container, and add four Cream of Earl Grey pyramid tea bags or four teaspoons of loose-leaf tea.
- Let infuse for a few hours then squeeze and discard tea bags or strain out the leaves. You can make a ton of this at a time, as the Infusion will last forever refrigerated.
Easy Simple Syrup recipe:
Simple syrup is a staple of many cocktails. It can also be used to add sweetness to cold brew tea, iced tea and other cold drinks.
- Add equal amounts of water and sugar to saucepan and bring to boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Once sugar has dissolved remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Allow to cool.