Blink French 75
Imagine yourself in 1920’s Paris. The French 75, invented there and then and ordered as a "soixante quinze" (because they're already in France) gets a taste update from Cream of Earl Grey infused gin. The French 75 is a black book cocktail for any special occasion and is best served frosty – make sure Champagne or Prosecco and glasses are well-chilled.Blink French 75 Ingredients: (yields 4 cocktails)
- ½ cup (4 ounces or 125mL) gin
- 3 teabags Cream of Earl Grey
- ¼ cup (60mL) honey
- ¼ cup (60mL) water
- juice from a medium lemon
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) dry Champagne or Prosecco, well-chilled
- 4 lemon twists
Directions: Earl Grey Infused Gin:
- Pour gin into a mason jar.
- Submerge tea bags into the liquid.
- Cover, and let sit for an hour.
- Remove tea bags, squeezing absorbed gin into the mixture before discarding
- Combine honey and water in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, whisking occasionally until honey has melted into the water.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Earl Grey-infused gin, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Give it a vigorous shake – a good 20 seconds.
- Pour into chilled champagne glasses and top with Champagne or Prosecco.
- Garnish with lemon twist.