Spiced Green Tea Apple Cider
Hot apple cider is an easy to make drink that will warm up any cool evening. However, if you want to elevate this treat, try adding cinnamon sticks and a pod of star anise to the cider as you're heating it up, plus one more little secret as part of the preparation. Take a guess.
If you’re thinking tea, you’re right. Incorporating a roasted Chinese green tea, like Organic Golden Green, adds a nuance of smokiness to your hot apple cider. It’s a perfect contrast to the sweetness of the cider and lends the drink a bit of a healthy kick. The tea, cinnamon and star anise help to make this hot apple cider your signature drink! Your Signature Cider!
- 16 ounces organic apple cider (we used sweetened cider, but unsweetened works just as well)
- 2 Organic Golden Green tea bags, or two tsp loose-leaf
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pod star anise
- thinly sliced apple for garnish
- Add apple cider, the cinnamon sticks and star anise to a small saucepan. Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to low, add lid and simmer for 10-minutes.
- To prepare the drink, place a teabag in each of the two cups, add heated apple cider and steep for three minutes. If using loose-leaf tea, it would be easier to place the tea in filters, or you can strain the leaves once steeped.
- Remove teabag or strain loose-leaf tea and garnish with a crisp apple slice.